Do you have an interest in becoming an Official?, News (Belleville Minor Hockey Association)

News Article
News Article Image
Jan 30, 2017 | emanboarde | 1580 views
Do you have an interest in becoming an Official?
Referee Schools are offered In September by the OMHA in 3 parts of the province, for this region it is held at CFB Trenton.

To get started as an Offical, individuals will need to register for the OMHA Referee School which usually opens in August.  Check the OMHA site ( under Referee School for details and registration.

Once you have completed the weekend Referee School, you are now a qualified OMHA Official (think of this stage like getting a diploma or certificate) you then have to find a local minor hockey Association to work in (kind of like looking for work and being offered a position).

Available positions vary from centre to centre annually based on need and retention.  Please contact the Minor Hockey Association you would like to Officiate in prior to registering for the OMHA Referee School to see if there is a need for Officials in your area.
Mandy Gifkins - The Royal Group -Century 21 Lanthorn Real Estate
IG Wealth Management, Scott Lavender, Scott Lavender - Senior Financial Consultant
Roofing Plus
Newman, Oliver & McCarten