Reports To: Director Responsible for Player Affairs and Planning and Executive Director
Responsible for maintaining communication between League coaches and the BMHA office, as well as the communication and understanding of OMHA and BMHA policies and procedures. Oversee the selection of teams, as well as the balancing of team during the first two weeks of play. Maintaining stats as well as weekly reporting to the Intelligencer and the BMHA web site updates.
The League Conveners shall perform those duties as prescribed by the Executive Director BMHA which may consist of but limited to:
- Shall be in charge of his/her respective league and responsible for all team activities of the teams within their division.
- Shall maintain close contact with the Executive Director as to the activities of the division they are convening.
- Shall assist with the registration for his/her league and oversee the draft for the selection of teams, and provide a written report of said draft to the Vice President House League.
- Shall have the authority to enforce the resolutions of the BMHA.
- Shall be present, when possible, at games in the league they represent.
- Shall maintain league standings.
- Shall recommend to the Executive Director and/or the House league Committee any balancing of teams in the league.
- Shall ensure that all discipline and suspensions are carried out.
- Shall check to ensure that signatures on games sheets are valid rostered members.
- Shall check to ensure that all injuries are reported in accordance with the BMHA Trainers Resolution and OMHA Trainers Certification Program.
- Shall arrange to have all equipment returned to the Equipment Manager.
- Shall distribute and collect the instructor player evaluation sheets for their League before the first game of the playoffs, and give these to the Vice President House League.
- Shall ensure that any team wishing to partake in an exhibition game or tournament outside of the home centre will obtain a travel permit approved by the Executive Director his designate beforehand.
- Responsible for getting referees to start game on time.
- In the event of serious injury, see that the parent/guardian is advised, and be sure to fill out OMHA Insurance Form that is available from the BMHA office, if the convener does not have one. This form must be completed within 48 hours of the time of the injury.
- Have timekeepers and referees sign game sheet.
- Convener, at his/her discretion makes the home team responsible for scorekeeping and visiting team for timekeeping.
- Fill out the game result sheets for submission to the local paper. Keep stats and send copy to BMHA office for maintenance of league standings.
- Ensure the coaches obey the Playing Rules and Regulations
- Responsible for team composition agreeable to all concerned. (See draft guidelines)
- A BMHA Director shall be invited to all Convener and coaches meetings.
- All major penalties shall be reported to the Director responsible for Local League immediately.
- All game sheets shall be kept by the conveners in an orderly manner.
Please Note, The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Must be organized and able to time manage.
- Computer skills
- Ability to assist with Tournaments
- Ability to delegate tasks that they themselves are unable to complete
- Interest in Hockey Management
- Conflict Resolution Skills